Thursday, April 15, 2010

We're Jammin


I am not always worrying. When I am with Gian, I am usually calmer and laughing and he kisses and rubs my little baby belly for good luck. I also have moments when I am alone with my belly and I am happy and worry free. The other day I was driving home from Michelle's house and the sun was so strong, I had all the windows down, zero traffic, and Bob Marley came on the radio. I started to sing along, "Ooh, yeah! All right! We're jammin'" when I thought "God I hope my baby grows up to like Bob".

I smiled, looked at my belly, rubbed it, and sang the rest of the lyrics on the top of my lungs, with one hand on my baby...

"I wanna jam it wid you.
We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too.

We're jammin' -
To think that jammin' was a thing of the past;
We're jammin',
And I hope this jam is gonna last

We're jammin' (jammin', jammin', jammin')
And we're jammin' in the name of the Lord;
We're jammin' (jammin', jammin', jammin'),
We're jammin' right straight from Yah"

2 comments:

  1. It's hard not to worry. I'm glad you, baby, and Bob all had a worry free moment. I can totally picture you jammin in the car. Ha. McKenna really likes Reggae too. I put it on and she calms right down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia, I love you so much, I worry about all kinds of different stuff too! I know that your little one will love Bob just as much as you do... He or She has been Jammin with you since day one :)

    Love, Amber

    ReplyDelete