Thursday, April 1, 2010

Too tight, too soon?

YES! My clothes are quickly becoming too tight, too soon. I keep hearing that expecting moms don't really start to show until they are 4 months along. Well at the rate I am going, I may be ready to deliver this baby by month 4. I don't know what is going on. I am not really craving anything but milk, and I drink low fat milk. I am eating pretty much exactly as I was before, sans the heavy workout routine (which I plan to resume at a moderate pace tomorrow) so why is my tummy so pudgy? And it is not just my stomach, but my boobs are HUGE. My clothes are tighter at the top than at my tummy.

I went for my second job interview at a university today. I wore this beautiful dress that use to fit quite comfortably. Well, it was anything but comfortable today. It has buttons on the back of the dress, and they were almost popping on my upper back area because my boobs have grown so much. I could hardly breathe, and it was so hot but I had to keep my blazer on or my interviewer would see my buttons popping. I don't know how long I am going to be to hide this pregnancy, if I do get the job.

My mommy friend Michelle says I am just sprouting. Did anyone else out there in blog-land sprout this early on? Or am I just fat?

Off to the pool to swim some laps...

1 comment:

  1. No worries - I had the same thing happen & I read the same stuff about other women not showing until 4, 5, 6 months along.... :) And since you're tall, the baby will have lots of room to spread out...which is a good thing....Your growth will slow down and pick up randomly based on your baby's growth....Some months I would gain only 3 lbs....yet one month I gained 10 lbs....
    I craved dairy too (skim milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese, sour cream, if it was dairy...I wanted it.....OH....and Lemon Italian Ice)...and my diet stayed relatively the same...I do contribute not working out as a reason for myself, too.... But keep walking & swimming ...that is perfect!

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete