Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Gianfrancesco says...

"It’s such a longtime that i’m not writing. The reason I was very very busy at work and today that I’m done with the semester balance statement I would like to spread some word. Those last 2 week were very hard and I feel so baby to have left my loved Claudia alone. I apologise Claudia for this but I need to work for both of you….I promise you tough that until November I ll try to come home earlier. I don’t know why everyone in world think Italians don’t work…for real anyone never goes home before 7 pm!!!Anyway I really need to get out earlier to spend some time with my babies. Baby no.1 is Claudia……so the problem right now is the name of baby no.2, actually the real debate is about the spelling: Sofia or Sophia. This is right the main subject of fight between me and Claudia. I would explain to you my point:

1) Sophia would have so many problem with Italian burocracy because of the uncorrect spelling that they will do with her name
2) Sofia is a princess name
3) Is Sofia is spelled as Sophia then Stevens should be Stephens!!!!
4) Famous people with the name Sofia: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sofia_(nome)#Variante_.22Sophia.22 (Sofia Coppola vs. Sophia Loren)
5) Sofia is more universal


I’m sure we will deal with this but right now is funny to fight about it……"


Editor's note: After hours of fighting and discussing the pro's and con's of each name, we have decided to let Sophia (Sofia) decide. If she is born on an even day (November 14, 16, 18, etc) she will be named Sofia, if she is born on an odd day (November 13, 15, 17, etc) she will be named Sophia. We are leaving it to Sophia (Sofia)!



5 comments:

  1. it's not fair to compete Sophia vs Sofia using the image of Sophia Loren vs Sofia Coppola, obviously there's no competition on that skills...........!!!!!!!! but the girl should have a great brain too!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been thinking about the spelling of your baby name...at first i thought "sophia" but now i have changed my mind. why? because the spelling of sophia in the states is so common. i never see the spelling of "sofia." i think it is more unique and still very pretty! either way she has a beautiful name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno if this post is meant to let people express their opinion, but I do it anyway, since I find it exciting and - first of all - it is just an opinion!
    I personally prefer Sophia, but still Sofia is a very beautiful name.

    Gian, I agree with point 2, point 3 makes no sense! ;)

    Point 1: you may be right, but I guess she will just have to spell it each time ("con il ph!"), she will get used to that - but it might actually be bothering for you when you have to deal with Italian bureaucracy.

    Point 4: well, Sophia Loren's real name is Sofia, quindi è un cavolo e tutt'uno, Gian! ;)

    Point 5: rather than the more universal, I think you should just go for the name you like the most.

    Don't fight too much! :)

    Claudio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... Gian good points! I think it is fun that you are letting Sophia(Sofia) decide. This is exciting. Hope everyone is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of letting your little girl decide! How creative with the even and odd dates!!! But either way, no matter how you two or the baby decides to spell it, the bottom line is that it is a beautiful name!! Just love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete