Thursday, November 18, 2010

This is it....I think?!?!?!

This morning I woke with a strong, very strong, contraction. I waited in bed and 10 minutes later I had another one. Got up, went to the bathroom, and saw some signs (you moms know what I am talking about) that I was in the beginning stages of labor. I called my midwife (my mother-in-law) and explained what I saw. She said it's the beginning of labor, and according to what I saw, the baby had definitely started to push his head hard against my cervix. But then the contractions stopped for over 2 hours. Throughout the day, my contractions were at least 2 hours apart until recently, they started getting closer together. But the thing is they are quick and not excruciatingly painful, as I would expect. So I just don't know what to do...but I am so calm, in fact I even sent Gian off to work this morning because HE was stressing ME out! I just called him and told him to come home so we could go to the hospital and have them check my cervix. We were going to wait it out, but then my mom looked at me and said "if you go into labor here, we don't even have a pair of scissors to cut the umbilical cord" haha. Since ambulance time in Rome is really, really terrible, we figure better safe than sorry.

Here we go! Hopefully the next blog will be about my birthing story.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. O!!! M!!! G!!! Sounds like he is seriously coming this time!!! AHHHH!!! How exciting!!! Good Luck Claudia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I hope this is it for you!

    ReplyDelete