Wednesday, November 17, 2010

40 weeks plus 3 days!!!

AHHHH I never thought I would be pregnant this long. I was convinced I would give birth before my due date...don't know why, but I just was. Well, I haven't. I am still huge. And yes I have already broken out my christmas pants.




In preparation for birth, I have been focusing a lot on keeping active, walking, stretching, and going to physical therapy for my back so that I won't have a hard time in the different birthing positions we have been practicing. Gianfrancesco has been hitting the gym because in one of the positions, he has to lift me from a squatting position to a standing position after each contraction. When we practiced in our birthing class, he had a hard time because, as you can see, I am already taller than him and pre-pregnancy weighed only a couple kilos less than him. Poor thing has to deal with lifting an awkwardly tall pregnant lady who has gained 10 kilos in 9 months. It can't be easy. Anyway, now he has these huge arms ready for lifting me. We are ready. House is ready, everything is ready. Just waiting for Gabriel.

If he hasn't come by Friday, we will meet with our doctor that afternoon to discuss our options. I really don't want to induce. I want that AHA moment where either my water breaks or I start having contractions and have to rush to the hospital. AND I feel sad to force my baby out if he isn't ready. But, there are tons of risks for leaving him in too long. I have been having my amniotic fluid levels checked regularly to make sure he is as safe as can be for the time being. We have also been having bi-weekly exams to check his movements and heartbeat over an extended period of time.

With all this extra time on our hands, we have been taking the opportunity to take as many cheesy pregnancy pics as possible:


6 comments:

  1. Good luck Claudia!!!
    Un bacio grande e spero che la prossima volta che verrò a roma vi troverò in 3!
    :-)

    un bacio anche alla tua mamma!
    a presto,
    gaia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! You've officially been pregnant 10 months. Those who think it is only 9 are soooo mistaken. Try to remain positive. You are in my prayers. PS. I love the way that Gian has been hitting the gym in preparation as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My money is still on tomorrow. I've just got a feeling...

    Can we get a pic of Gian flexing??

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha Gian started going to the gym... that is awesome! Its good that he is going to be well prepared for labor bc Chris (i'm sorry to say) was not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there Claudia--he will be here before you know it! I'm glad you are staying active. I can't wait to see pictures!

    P.S. In the last two pictures, you can't even tell you are pregnant head on! That is great! Also, the pictures from the side, Gabriel has def. dropped!

    ReplyDelete