Saturday, November 13, 2010

40 weeks!

Tomorrow is my due date and I feel huge. Everyone keeps telling me I look like I am ready to pop, and I certainly feel ready. I have tried EVERYTHING that people suggest to help with jump-starting labor: spicy food, pineapple, skipping, walking (a LOT) taking the stairs (up to our 8th floor apartment at least once a day), coffee, bouncing on a yoga ball, and that one act that got me pregnant in the first place (minus the bad tequila shots in southern Thailand)....but NOTHING has worked.

I know it seems like I am rushing this baby along, but I have a major sciatica problem that gets worse every day as Gabriel gets bigger and lower, pressing even harder on my nerve. I am in constant pain and sometimes my right leg mini-collapses if the nerve is too inflamed. I just want to have my baby in my arms and start the new phase of this whole journey that is life and creating life, minus the back pain.

Ugh, enough of my rant.

Here are a few photos of our walk today on via Appia Antica, an old Roman road.



1 comment: