Tuesday, October 26, 2010

37 weeks!

I am full term! Thank God!

Yesterday I went to have an exam they do here in Italy where they monitor the baby's heartbeat, fetal movements, and my contractions for a 45 minute period of time. They do this to see the patterns in the heartbeat and fetal movements. It was so peaceful, just me and gabe in the room, that his swishing sounds and heartbeats put me to sleep for a few minutes! But it was incredible. I think I am still in shock that I am creating a living, heart beating human being in my belly. Like, how does that happen? Nature is so incredible. From a few cells, to a 4 kilo baby with lungs, a heart, a brain, in 9 months. Wow.

Everything is normal, and I didn't have any signs of contractions in those 45 minutes. However, this past weekend I am pretty sure I had contractions but they were weak and far between, so my midwife said they were just preparatory contractions, early signs of labor, but that doesn't mean I will necessarily be giving birth anytime soon. I continue to feel a lot of pressure down south and I can feel when he presses his head down. Also, I have had a few sharp pains in my hoo-haa, which my OBGYN said is the beginning of the cervix opening. I have an appointment tomorrow with him and he will check to see if I have dilated at all and just how far down my baby's head has dropped.

I am in full on nesting mode. I have never been so clean and organized in my life! I love it. The last few weeks of being pregnant is like natural adderall!

Stay tuned! We are VERY excited! Will post 37 weeks pics soon!

2 comments:

  1. congrats claud. :) love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Claudia! I'm so glad you are feeling great and getting organized!

    ReplyDelete