Monday, October 11, 2010

35 weeks!!!!!!!





NO BELLY BUTTON POP! I think I will be saved from having to see the bottomless pit.

Ah-2 weeks until full term. In Italy, they say you will have the same pregnancy your mom had. So far everything has gone much like my moms, neither of us had morning sickness or vomiting, neither of us gained much weight (mom you gained more weight than me, ha!), and I really feel that the baby is going to come early. I feel so much pressure on my lower body parts. My mom gave birth to both Daniela and myself at 37 weeks, so maybe I am in for a baby in just 2 weeks!

So far, I have gained about 15 pounds and I look at my body and must admit I feel great. I was so worried I would gain a lot of weight, as my body has a tendency to fluctuate in weight gain and loss, but I haven't. I really eat whatever I want, but thankfully I haven't had bad cravings. I eat pasta every day, but cooked at home with fresh, organic, locally grown vegetables and meats, which I think has been my saving grace. In Italy, the addition of growth hormones to animals, fruits, and vegetables is illegal. In America, it's par for the course. And if you want to eat organic in America, you have to pay a heavy price for it (WHOLE FOODS ANYONE??) In Italy, everything is organic by default. During pregnancy, we are already growing so much and have so many extra hormones in us naturally, so my personal opinion is that eating fruits, meats and veggies pumped with growth hormones would only make a woman grow more and bloat more during pregnancy.

Anyways, I am tired, my legs hurt, I am uncomfortable while sleeping, but I have never felt so ready and so happy in my pregnancy. Weekly maternity massages have helped!


And here is the big brother, ROMOLO, ready and waiting for baby Gabri!

5 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful Claudia, really you are glowing! I'm so happy that you started this blog, I feel apart of your pregnancy and I'm happy to know how you and Gian are doing.
    I love you so very much and I know that you are going to be a fantastic mother :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Claudia, you are so beautiful and I totally agree with your view on organic food. Have a great last couple of weeks before your baby boy arrives. All mine came at 38 weeks (same as my Mom). Blessings for a gentle birth for you and your baby, can't wait to see pictures of him soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudi, you look GREAT! You are so lucky that you only gained 15 lbs. Good luck with the last few weeks and I can't wait for the delivery. Miss you so much hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful and very healthy, honey, thanks to God! I'm so happy for you... but, please, tell Gabriel to wait 'till Vovo/Nona/Grandma gets there.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so pretty and beautiful! your belly is great and i like the side view!

    ReplyDelete