Friday, May 28, 2010

I think we have a classy lady on our hands


So we went to have the sonogram yesterday. It was a bit of a relief meeting with a doctor and having a full check up. Since I got pregnant, I have been doing all my exams at the hospital, and they only check the baby, heart rate, my blood, etc, but I never get to sit down and tell the doctor my symptoms and suspicions, etc. Well, yesterday I finally got to tell my doctor about my terrible headahces and some questions I have about birth and my vajayjay (hoo-ha, chee-cha, front butt)- if you don't like my honesty, don't read my blog! And just wait until you or your wife/partner/girlfriend/one night stand gets pregnant because let me tell you that things are HAPPENING down there when you are pregnant.

Well I am pretty sure he heard and understood me because I had practiced out the medical terms in the car and I definetly pronunciated and made my worries known, but he just told me to get on the chair. I did as I was told, he was holding a long wand with a condom on it, ferchristssake!

Later, Gian said "So what about what Claudia said about her, you know?" And the doctor just said, "oh I didn't see anything out of the ordinary". Men. This brings me to another point about how prenatal care in Italy is solely focused on the baby, and doesn't really involve much of the mother other than whether or not she is healthy enough to carry the baby to term. I feel like in America, there is a much more of a welcoming feeling about making the mom comfortable and secure about what she is experiencing and what her body is going through.

Moving on, at the appointment, I had my first internal sonogram (see: wand with condom, and yes, it is as uncomfortable as it sounds) and the baby was sleeping. Baby had completely flipped positions from the last time we met, but since Baby was sleeping, Gian didn't get to see all the fun movements. We did hear the heartbeat, though! Unfortunately, the baby had its legs crossed, so we didn't get a clear picture.

Anyway, we have to wait another month to find out, as that is our next scheduled exam. My mom says that its legs are crossed because it's just a modest and classy lady like her grandma!

I cannottttt wait to confirm my suspicions that this is a girl!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh... i wish we were pregnant together to share all of this pregnancy stuff at the same time. for our next we will have to plan that ;)

    ReplyDelete