Monday, May 24, 2010

15 weeks and I am fat

Sorry I haven't blogged in so long! But you get past a certain point in the pregnancy and your mind stops going 5,000 mph, and life as a housewife becomes redundant again: I just haven't had much to write about.

However, I am getting much rounder and the cuteness of early pregnancy is blending into the newly acquired love handles I am growing. I just don't think I am going to be one of those women who look like they have a basketball under their shirts (ahem, you know who YOU are).

I had my birthday this Friday and on Thursday night all my close friends around Rome came over for a pizza and champagne dinner. I got lots of great gifts! One of them being my new Nikon D3000! I am starting photography classes soon, so it is the perfect way to start!

There have been a few milestones along my pregnancy where I have felt renewed and closer to my baby. The first was listening to Bob Marley on the first spring day in Rome, the second was the 13 week sonogram where I saw the baby kick, and the third was my birthday. I felt like my birthday had new meaning. I was born in part to give life to the baby inside of me. It also made me feel something special for my mom, and the feeling she must get when my sister or I have a birthday. I can't explain it, but I am sure other moms out there understand what I mean.

Anyhow, here are some pics of me with my birthday dress:





Gian and I have a wonderful tradition we started from the beginning of our relationship with a trip to Amalfi Coast for my birthday in 2006. Instead of spending money on birthday gifts, we take trips for our birthdays. Last May, Gian took me to Istanbul and this year, he took me back to my old stomping grounds, Sevilla. This will definitely be the last time I take a touristy trip during pregnancy! I am so exhausted and think I pinched a nerve in my back (which coincidentally I also did last year in Istanbul!).

Here are a few shots of our trip (these were not taken with my new camera!):







Hope to blog more often! Stay tuned. Going to get rest for my back!

5 comments:

  1. I had really bad back pain early in my pregnancy too. Not sure if they have the Snoogle body pillow in Rome, but it did miracles on my back. It helps relieve the added weight you're carrying, also it helps keeping you off your back while you're sleeping later in your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just beautiful in your pictures!!! I LOVE your baby bump! It is just the cutest!!!! And your bday dress was just smokin! It showed off your baby bump just nicely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous and are showing very quickly for a first time mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. first of all you're not fat, you're pregnant... duh! and you look great anyway.
    i loved what you said about the closeness you feel with other moms... i feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claudia,

    You look beautiful! And what a sexy Birthday dress. I love it. I also like the idea of doing Birthday trips instead of gifts. I'm sorry your back is hurting. I found that sitting on a yoga ball and doing stretches on it helped. I hope that you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete