Monday, September 27, 2010

33 weeks!!!!






33 weeks!

This means I have 49 days until my due date (only 5 percent of women ever deliver on their due date) and 4 weeks until I am full term (baby is fully developed/prepared/ready and could come any day).

I feel pretty ready emotionally. I had a little emotional break down a couple of days ago, and then put my emotions behind me and am looking forward to these last few weeks before baby. It is just so hard going through these changes so far away from home, my family, friends, my language, my culture, my preconceived notions of pregnancy care, etc. I have concluded that the stresses of bi-cultural relationships are only more apparent when preparing for a baby and creating the foundations for a family, making life especially more difficult for the foreigner in the relationship. I miss home more, I miss my family more, etc. Add that to the fact that my hormones are all over the place...it's just been tuff. But I finally feel in a good place and am emotionally ready.

Full steam ahead!!

6 comments:

  1. Hang in there girl, I'm sure it's not easy. Once the baby arrives everything will fall into place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia,
    You said everything girl, now you know what your mom went through. Hang in there everything will fall into pleace.
    love,
    tia tania

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay Gabriel is almost here! you look AMAZING! seriously Claud, you're like the best looking pregnant woman i've ever seen! i know it must be extremely hard being so far away from friends and family but i'm here for you... if you need anything at all you know u can email or call me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Lil Cousin, I'm so proud of you! You are so beautiful! I'm so excited for you and Gian!!!! I know its hard not being at home but everything is going to be fine and hell if your mom did it so can you! If you need anything please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tania and Amber you said it very well... and thanks for reminding Claudia that I went through the same feelings she is having now. I know that everything will be alright. Claudia and Gian will be great parents and have lots of fun raising little Gabriel Michael. I will be there to help when he arrives... I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you all! I am feeling good, have a lot of energy still (nesting) and can't wait to see you guys again.

    ReplyDelete