Wednesday, August 4, 2010

On a diet!

I had my baby appointment today, and we actually scheduled our last 2 pregnant appointments and our first post natal appointment. Isn't that crazy? I have a feeling this last trimester is going to fly by. September is my month to get everything in order and buy all the necessities.

Anyways, last appointment my doctor told me I needed to eat more sugar, this appointment he told me I gained too much weight (I gained 7 pounds in 5 weeks!), but overall I have gained 11 pounds...in 25 weeks of pregnancy). 7 pounds in 5 weeks is scary, right? I don't know what's normal, but my doctor thinks it's too much and put me on a diet. I must admit that most pregnant women in Italy are really slim with just a basketball, so I guess doctors here are more strict about weight gain. Now I am super nervous about the rest of my pregnancy, afraid that I am going to gain 30 pounds in my last 3 months if I continue at this rate. I am kinda bummed today but trying to focus on the positive: the baby is happy, healthy, and kicking! He was sleeping at the appointment with his arms crossed over his face covering his eyes (which is how I fall asleep, too, and my mom), So we could only see his mouth and nose. His nose looks like Gian's!

Also, the doctor told me I am drinking too much water, according to my urine sample. I've never heard that before!

Ok this is for real the last post before we leave for vacation!

Ciao!

6 comments:

  1. I don't think you can ever drink too much water. I'm glad I don't live in Italy b/c your doctors would think I'm a whale! I've gained waaay to much this pregnancy. I think you look great so I wouldn't worry too much about it! Esp while on vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Claudia, it sounds like you are doing just fine. The water thing sounds crazy to me, please keep drinking lots of it!!! So glad you are doing well, don't worry about too much weight gain, eat well and you will be fine. Love your blog. If you want any birth info, please email me anytime. I am going to send your present to your Mom next week when my house is free of all of these moving boxes. Take Care, E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia ayou look great! keep up the good work.
    love,
    tania

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gained 6 pounds since my last appt, which I am pretty sure was less than 5 weeks ago. Prob more like 4 weeks ago. I cant believe it, and kind of dont believe their scale, but whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. um you look amazing :) don't stress about the 7 lbs. easier said than done, yes. but seriously, its not worth the worry. as long as you eat heathful foods, you will be alright. the week of my wedding (i was 22 weeks preg.) and that week alone i had gained something crazy...3 pounds...in one week. my ob was none too pleased.
    i love your updates :) hope you keep feelin good & you are right...the 3rd trimester FLIES by its scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay well your doctor seems a little overly strict! i was a FAT COW when i was pregnant by his standards. a diet while pregnant? please, as long as you are healthy don't stress out! when i was 22 weeks pregnant i had gained like 24lbs!

    ReplyDelete