Monday, August 2, 2010

My sister


Taken the night before I found out I was pregnant, Dani's 30th bday.



Finding out I was pregnant was a huge moment for both Gian and I and a major turning point in our relationship, life, future. THAT moment, was a moment I wasn't quite ready for, and if I am going to be honest, it was also a moment where I cried not only for the joy of having a baby, or for the fear of it, but also for the embarrassment and the guilt that would follow when I shared the news with those closest to me.

It's not my story to tell, but I will say that the beginning of my journey was also the beginning of what has turned out to be a very long and difficult one for my sister. At the very point where I was finding out that I was going to be bringing a baby into the world, my big sister was just starting to discover her difficulty with it. And as my belly has grown, so have my sisters obstacles and grief. It is something that has caused so many mixed emotions, not only for me, but for my sister, and the rest of my family as well.

This is all I will say for now. It is definitely not the end of her story, or mine. I encouraged her to start a blog, as a means for her to express her emotions and to find comfort in others that might be experiencing the same thing, as I have found in mine.

Please follow along:

http://dcmamma-wanna-be.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. *tear* it will not be easy for your family - but I know in my heart that this story will end well, and you will all be closer because of it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. checked out your sis's blog & i'm following :) I'm sorry for the struggle ur sis & fam are going through, i cannot imagine what it must feel like. its nice that you encouraged her to blog, i really do think it can help be some sort of emotional outlet! i follow this girl's blog, mattandmegh.blogspot.com, she struggled with infertility and did IVF. maybe your sis would check it out...i tried to leave a comment on her blog about it but i dont think you can. anyway, im thinking of you & your sis & fam...hope you can find a way to cope :) hope you are feeling good these days..it wont be long now til you meet your sweet little baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the beach blog!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete