Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Symptoms

I have been having a pretty easy pregnancy. Mostly, I have just been a little lethargic, nauseous (but no vomiting at all!), sleep deprived, and most of all worried. FREAKING out worried. I am so afraid that I am not ready, Gian isn't ready, our house and lifestyles aren't ready. What will we do with our huge dog? Oh and Thyroid disease.

I found out in 2004 that I have thyroid disease, and since I found out, my life has only been made better through the medication I take. Now I find out that women with my type of thyroid disease are significantly more likely to have children born with mental retardation. We are also significantly more likely to miscarry in the 1st trimester. I always thought that when I found out I was pregnant, I would be on cloud 9. And even though I know I am so blessed and that this is a beautiful thing happeing to my body, I can't help freaking out about the pregnancy and wondering if everything is really going to be ok. I have such mixed emotions, and then I feel guilty about my mixed emotions. All this worrying has led to very little sleep.

Ah the life of a mother, I guess worrying will only get worse from here on out...

2 comments:

  1. I love you!! You will have a beautiful baby and be a BEAUTIFUL mother!!! Don't worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sleep....yup! Worrying about the unknown...checck! All completely normal. It will all work out and you'll be a fabulous mom!!!

    ReplyDelete