Monday, March 29, 2010

So they say getting pregnant is hard?

For all of you who contributed to our wonderful 18 day honeymoon in Thailand and Japan, congrats, because you also contributed to the making of this baby! So we (Gian, and our little fagiolo , and I) thank you for that. Because of you, I can now look forward to 9 months of sleepless worrying, guilty cravings, lethal gas, and stretch marks galore from my boobs to my butt. THANK YOU!!! As if I didn't already have body image issues...

Back to the point...Yes...it's true, Gianfrancesco and I are having a baby! Gian and I are having a baby? GIAN.FRAN.CES.CO AND. I. ARE. HAV.ING. A. BA.BY?!?!?!? O.M.G. I have always wanted a reason to create a blog!

But in all seriousness, while this little bundle of gioia was certainly unexpected, we are slowly warming up to the idea that we will have our own little mini-me (or mini-lui) running around terrorizing Rome. Out first little Roman in the family. Maybe if he is a boy we could name him Massimo. Or Remo, to accompany our dog, Romolus. AH what am I doing, naming my child after fictional Roman theological murderers? Am I really ready for this?

YES! I have to be. And this whole experience, this getting ready for baby and fat post baby body and sleepless nights, and strained sexless marriage....let's not get ahead of ourselves, right? Let's focus on the 1st trimester.

I warn you now, this blog will be vial and, well, honest. Gian and I will blog about what I am going through, what he is going through, and back to what I am going through (because come on, I am the pregnant one) as an American giving birth in a foreign country without my family, without mastery of the Italian medical language, and without any idea of what's in store.

So, sit back, and enjoy the ride.

Arrivederci,
Claudia

3 comments:

  1. Dear you three,
    I just wanted to say I am very very happy for you all. I didn't get to say it as much as I wanted the other day, and even now I'm still a bit too emozionata... Also, little fagiolo (haha), your mom told me on a 1st of April... (because she didn't want to tell me on facebook). I can't wait until you're born, so that I can teach you French (great langage, great nation, but i'll tell you more about this later)
    Love you all so much! Bisous !!!!
    Pauline
    Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You sound like me....I thought it would be hard to get preggie...NOPE - it happened literally the day I went off birth control...I swear....I was so consumed with warding off stretch marks (so far, I'm been successful)...but I miss my old body...My boobs have changed...My nipples have even changed! EEK! My waist is gone, I wake up every two hours to pee, I've gained 30 lbs and still have 2 months to go....I've been told this baby is going to be big (yippee...LOL)...and romance...HA!....a distance memory....You'll find yourself leaning on the new mommies or preggie mommies that are farther along than you...and your hubby....You're in for a challenging but amazing ride....Trust me...Its all worth it :) So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete