Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's too hot!

It has been so hot across Europe, Rome specifically. I mean sooooo hot, and the heat came to slap my pregnant booty last Tuesday. I was at the postural class with all those 85+ people, when I passed out. It was air conditioned in the room, but I had just come in late for the class, started doing the moves and all of a sudden I wake up on my back, with like 6 old, wrinkly, kind faces of worry squinting at me. I was in so much pain. I had hit my head so hard on the wooden floor, and had a sharp pain on the back of my head. As I came to, my belly started aching so bad, like when you eat WAY too much candy or chocolate. I kept asking my old friends if I fell on my bump, but they assured me I didn't, I had fallen straight back.

The ambulance came, we went to hospital, and long story short, baby and mom are healthy and fine. I just passed out from the heat...my pregnancy low blood sugar was compressed by low blood pressure from the heat and the movements, and BAM. Passed out. Since then, I have been just resting a lot, and staying away from the computer, which radiates heat like it's in heat. This episode scared me so much, that I am just going to take it easy from here on out. Only pool exercising.

This weekend, in an attempt to escape the heat, we visited some friends in the Umbrian mountain town of Perugia, most famously known for the chocolate (or the Amanda Knox murder). But, it also happens to be one of the most beautiful cities in Italy. It was hot as hell there, too.

23 weeks preggers with Francesca:



This weekend we have TWO weddings in southern Italy, on the sea, so I can't complain. I am sorry I have nothing quirky or sarcastic to blog about these days. My life has become increasingly mundane and sweaty...

3 comments:

  1. i've only passed out once, but that was enough for me. you are already exhibiting great mommy traits by not allowing the baby to take any bit of the fall! those weddings by the sea seem dreamy! maybe they'll have a honeymoon baby blog all their own in a few weeks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture of you and Francesca!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I am a follwer now. Does that mean I will get an email when you post something new?

    ReplyDelete